Sunday, September 03, 2006

You've just arrived to this world!

Unexpectedly, beating all odds, you were born in a surprising day that I will never forget. While your mother and me went to a regular check up, the doctor suddenly told us to go immediately to the hospital after verifying some data at your mom's urine analysis. The lack of proteins in your mommy's body were putting both of you in danger. With great haste we came back to our house, and nervously started to put together yours and mommy's things. Your mother was specially sad about the whole emergency. While I calmed her down, we came back to the hospital area. The doctor's office is just across the street from the hospital.

After signing your mother into the hospital, and hence, labor, your mommy and me waited just some moments. After a rather short moment, the doctor said you and your mother couldn't resist for natural labor. So a C-section operation was the only and ultimate choice.

It was done on the fourth floor of the hospital. The operation was very well planned amid the Mexican President's address on the State of the Union (Informe Presidencial). Basically everyone was watching the political crisis: congressmen took Congress Palace in order to ruin the President's speech. That was happening in all national TV channels while I was putting some special clothes to go inside with your mother to see you born. I was summoned, and began filming the surgery.

The moment you were taken out of your mother's belly will be remembered forever. You were so small. Your pediatrician told us you were four to five weeks early. It was impressive to see you for the first time. The pediatrician, after cleaning you up and down, took you with your mother, who was still half sedated. She cried will giving you a kiss.

Friday September 1, 2006 will always be remember as the day you shone our lives, and gave meaning to my own.

I love you so much baby girl!

Today in the morning I told all the city you were born. At my space of the Sunday morning radio show I told everybody you were born.

No comments: