Thursday, April 13, 2006

My old closet is already waiting for my baby to use.

It is official, the closet I used when I was a baby will be given to my baby by his grandparents. My mother says she wants to give it to the baby as a present. She prefers the baby to have it instead of not being used. It is made of wood, with two pictures of cuddly cubs. Since it was not used for years and years, they are beginning to clean it, but more importantly, to spray it with insecticide several times.

Yesterday I saw it. It actually looks good. I thought... Who would imagined that it was first used by me as a baby, and now my son or daughter is going to have it also? That's were my clothes and towels were kept in the early 1980's. Now is the 21st century, and the closet still survives, and will be used to keep my unborn baby's little clothes and warm towels.

It is for him, because only my unborn baby will use it. When he or she grows up, we will tell him about how in the beginning it was mine, but that we passed it to him or her.

We are all thinking of the unborn baby. But while everyone imagines how he or she will look like, to whom he or she will look like, Erika told me a "complaint". It was a good one though. She told me the baby is moving, and sometimes it hurts a lot. I laughed, and hugged her. Erika says it is because maybe he or she is going to be very travieso. But the baby doesn't care of what happens in the outer world. He is still playing, having fun, and getting his food inside her mommy's belly.

Oh, if we could only keep that environment for you baby! There are many good things in this world I would like to share with you baby, but also many bad things I can not hide. Oh baby!

No comments: